The Vision

A simple, private, safe place for me to unload and reflect my thoughts.



Spiritual Food for the Day

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Being Thankful

Although I feel you should do this on a daily basis, this season always makes me focus on everything I am thankful for and do have instead of what I don’t have.  It seems that there is so much going on lately.  So many crossroads, so many decisions to make or face…. “Why” I find myself asking…. Simple word, Satan.  It seems that we will just get thru one trial and we find ourselves in another. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 comes to mind. “We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;” Our pastor just taught on this verse and I have been chewing on it ever since.  If I focus on every trial that I go thru and all the bad stuff it brings or causes, I will become very depressed.  But look at what the verse says, troubled but not distressed, perplexed but not in despair, persecuted not forsaken, cast down not destroyed.  If we are truly God’s people, his children, we may have troubles come our way but we are not supposed to become distressed, we are to claim the victory in Jesus Christ’s name before it ever happens because he also said we are persecuted but NOT forsaken.  God is always with us as long as we are true to Him and his calling.  As long as we are humble and obedient to His Word and Will in our lives.

So even thru all the trials that have been thrown our way lately, I am thankful!  I am thankful for my family, my wonderful, loving, hard working husband; two beautiful children that are complete blessings and miracles from God Almighty; a good, stable, flexible job that allows me to be there for my family whenever they need me since I am unable to be at home at the moment; our home, while it may need quite a bit of work, we have done so much to it in the last year without taking out any additional loans, Praise God! He provides! ; freedom to serve and worship Him; the Revelation of who He is, the perfect plan of salvation, being baptized in his Name, The Name of Jesus Christ, and being filled with his spirit, The Holy Ghost…. These are just a few things that come to my mind off the top of my head.  Although, I am unable to really get on here everyday and post, I am going to try to post several things a week this season that I am truly thankful for.  Things that pop up or come to me thru out the week.

I am curious and anxious to see what God has done for you; what you are thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...