The Vision

A simple, private, safe place for me to unload and reflect my thoughts.



Spiritual Food for the Day

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Days

That is exactly what we have had the last couple of days!  Until this morning, I had not been out of the house since I got home Monday night from my mom’s.  It actually was kinda nice.  Tuesday they closed school, I am assuming in anticipation of the big storm.  No one was available to watch my son (babysitter had dr. appt and back up babysitter had to work.  Tried a couple others but nothing seemed ideal.) so I decided to take the day and stay home.  Almost like that was what I was supposed to do, you know?  Anyway, it turned out to be a really good day!  Since me and my son were up and ready to go before we decided that is what we were going to do, I started my day then and he started his!  Here is what I got accomplished for the day:

Washed dishes and cleaned kitchen (3X)
Started fire in wood stove
Brought wood in (2X)
Swept all the floors
Did several loads of laundry and folded
Spot cleaned the bathroom
Layed down with my daughter for naps
Read a some chapters of the book I am reading
Put a roast and potatoes in the oven
Made a garden salad
Gave Jocelyn a bath (she had ravioli for lunch and it was quite a sight!)
Cleaned my spice cabinet

Then yesterday there was no getting out of our drive for me (didn’t plow our road till about noon!) so I was home again with the kiddos.  Didn’t accomplish as much but here is a list of what I did do:

Started a fire again in the stove
Brought wood in again
Made Choc Chip brownies (sugar free and with whole wheat flour)
Made 2 loaves of wheat bread
Swept kitchen, dining and fire place room
Did a couple loads of laundry
Gave Jocelyn another bath (scalloped potatoes this time)
Took a nap with Jocelyn
Did dished and cleaned kitchen (3X)
Made chicken fajitas for supper
Oh and shoveled the walk to the garage!   What a job!

I have actually enjoyed the last couple of days but it was nice to be able to leave the house today.  I don’t like getting too used to being at home like that when I know it isn’t possible for me to do full time just yet.  Maybe one day!  But I cherish the time I am able to be at home and be the one that cares for my children, build memories and take care of my home, able to put a hot meal on the table at a decent hour.  Very special.
They cancelled school again today so hubby said he would stay home and then go into work for a few hours this evening after I get home.  So, we will see what his accomplishments are for the day!  HaHa!  No really, I am sure the kids will enjoy their time with their dad today.

God Bless and Stay Warm!

1 comment:

  1. OOhhh sounds like you had a wondefully beautiful day Stephanie! I am so glad you were able to have a nice day at home! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...