The Vision

A simple, private, safe place for me to unload and reflect my thoughts.



Spiritual Food for the Day

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Random Thoughts…

I don’t have an actual topic today, just some random thoughts I thought I would share.  I want to post at least once a week to keep me in the groove but this week nothing is coming to mind. So here is a sneak peak to what is going thru my mind   J

This morning was the 2nd day that we woke up and did breakfast together as a family!  As mentioned in my previous post, we are doing this every week on Wednesday to increase our “family” time.  It has been lovely!  Great way to start the day!  This morning I made from scratch, Butterscotch Oatmeal.  Yum!  The recipie is as follows:

2 eggs beaten
3.5 cups of milk
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt

Stir constantly until it starts to boil.

Add 2 cups of quick oats and stir again till it starts to boil again.

Turn heat off, add 1/3 cup of butter, put lid on pot and let sit 5 min.  Serve warm with milk.  Yum!!!!!  This is such a treat on a cold snowy morning like we had today.

I also put some homemade beef vegetable soup in the crock pot last night while I was waiting for our yummy supper (pork chops, herbed potatoes, corn) to get done.  This morning I put it on low and we should have a hot yummy meal when we get home tonight!  Tomorrow is our designated “family game” night.  I am hoping we get to play at least one game but we are also having company Friday night for supper and the evening and there will be lots of clean up and preparing that needs done by all tomorrow as well.  Here is my mental list:

Corbyn clean his room (currently not too bad, just some pick up)
Sweep stairs and all hardwood floors (our whole main level!)
Sweep living room rug and straighten up toys
Dust
Clean bathroom
Clean Kitchen (will sweep but not mop.  With all the snow we have, it is pointless since this is the first room you walk into from outside)
Prepare Meal:
            Chicken Alfredo
            Olive Garden Salad
            Yankee Bread Sticks
            Dessert – haven’t decided what…. Will accept suggestions!!!!!
I wanted to keep the meal simple since we both work Friday, but company is not coming till 7ish so I think this is doable!

This Saturday we have our Final Christmas for 2010!!!!!!!!  Yay!  I am looking forward to it b/c we didn’t have this gathering last year but I am also ready to put the holidays behind me!

Lastly, This has been a really good week!  My Monday was an awesome day and it has been a long time since I have been able to say that about a Monday!  I won’t go into details but I found out I was able to be a “tool” to accomplish something big.  I didn’t realize that is what I was doing at the time and am not saying this to lift me up but for God’s Glory only!!!!!  I know He is God and He is on the Throne but He still seems to amaze me the way He works things out sometimes!  He truly is an ON TIME GOD, EVERY TIME!  There was also another situation that happened Monday that gave me Hope.  I know things are not happening right this second the way I want them to but I can see God is doing an awesome work and it is exciting to me to see how everything will work out in the end!  Yesterday was a good day as well!  I got both kids after work and went home, we did homework without fussing, fed Joey (our dog) without fussing, piano practice without fussing (these are normally things we complain about every evening, even though we know we do them every day!).  I was able to sweep some floors, help with homework and reading, watch my son practice piano (it amazes me that a 7 year old knows so much already!) and got the fire going before hubby came home.  I also was able to get the kitchen cleaned up before bed which is a rare occasion anymore with everything else we have before bed.

Whew!  So sorry for the long post!  Just a look at what has been going on inside my world recently!  God Bless and hope you all have good week!  As always, comments are welcome!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your having a great week!! That oatmeal sound yummy and so does your dinner Friday night!! I think its great you are making time to have "family time". Its wonderful! I can only imagine how early you have to get up to get breakfast ready before you head off to work so my hat goes off to you. I so need to become a morning person,,I get up early but everyone here is sleeping or goes back to sleep so I figure I might as well sleep as long as I can,, but I've been contemplating getting up even earlier than I am and getting in the shower right away(before you come with Jocelyn) then staying up and trying to get some things accomplished before everyone wakes...its just sooo hard though. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is very hard to do it but worth it in the end. When I was at home I always found I get so much more accomplished early in the morning than i did throughout the day but the disipline to get up is tough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so Jill watches your child! How fun...I read both your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made your butterscotch oatmeal this morning... it was very yummy! And by the way, I think I changed my mind about blogging,,,I've started again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...