The Vision

A simple, private, safe place for me to unload and reflect my thoughts.



Spiritual Food for the Day

Friday, January 28, 2011

Birthday Celebrations

Well, it’s official; I am now the big 28!  Still seems crazy to me!  I remember when my aunts and mom were 28 and thought of them as so grown up but yet I feel like I am still so young, as far as knowledge that is.  In body, I can definitely tell I am getting older!  But when I look back over the last several years, I am amazed at how much I have grown as a person and where I am today.

Yesterday was a pretty normal day.  Jocelyn had her 18 mo check up yesterday morning so I took her to that and then went into work a little later.  She is 35% in weight and 80% height!  She has not really gained anything since her 12 mo checkup!  Probably since she is so active.  And she eats like a bird!  She is a good eater, loves fruits, veggies and most main dishes I fix but she is done after about 4-5 bites and breakfast is a hit and miss…. Oh well, Dr. said she is healthy and right on track!  Just tall and skinny for her age group J 
Last night Andy made me supper.  We had a yummy Mexican casserole, Spanish rice, chips and salsa and then had Chocolate Cake with Choc. Frosting (had to celebrate national chocolate cake day too!) and ice cream for dessert!  It was yummy and so nice to not have to cook and clean up!

Tonight kids are staying with my aunt and sister and hubby and I are going to Ft. Wayne for the evening.  Not sure yet where we are going to eat but I want to got to Barnes and Noble, Starbucks, Once upon a Child and now Kohl’s!  Today at work my coworkers made me breakfast for our weekly meeting and gave me a 60.00 Kohl’s gift card!  So nice of them!  I am just looking forward to a relaxing evening.  No deadlines, whining children (although I love them very much and don’t leave Jocelyn over night very often!)or daily junk to deal with.  I am ready to get a coffee and bury my nose in a book for awhile!  Maybe I can talk hubby into a massage later J  My muscles in my back, especially in my shoulders are so tight anymore, a nice relaxing massage sounds wonderful!

The rest of my weekend is pretty care free which I am looking forward to very much!

God Bless and have an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...