The Vision

A simple, private, safe place for me to unload and reflect my thoughts.



Spiritual Food for the Day

Monday, December 6, 2010

Come and see what's happenin...

This is one of the songs that our choir is singing for our Christmas program.  I really like it.  The Gaither Vocal Band sings it if you want to look it up.  If you would like to come to our Christmas Program, it is Sunday December 19th at 6 pm at The Church of Jesus Christ in Pierceton.  Come see what's happenin!


Come and see what's happenin' in the barn!
I've seen nothin' like this since I've been on this farm!
Those strangers that camped out there have a baby in their arms
Come and see what's happenin' in the barn!

Must have been sometime `bout close to midnight
A big ole' guy came knockin' at my door
He said his wife was `bout to have a baby
And she just couldn't travel anymore.
I said the rooms had all been rented out
But they'd find shelter out there in the barn
They could throw some blankets in the stable;
At least, they would be dry and safe from harm.

Sometime before dawn I was awakened
Light was floodin' through the windowpane
A star as bright as moonlight was a shinin'
And pretty music I could not explain
I ran downstairs to have a look around
I tell you I could not believe my eyes
A crowd had gathered all around the manger
And they were talkin' `bout God's big surprise.

The shepherds said that they'd been on the hillside
Tellin' stories just to stay awake;
The baby lambs were sleepin' near the campfire,
The ewes were huddled by the stone fence gate.
And then the sky just seemed to open wide
With light and sound that they could hardly bear
And what they swore were angels sang in chorus,
"You'll find the new Messiah over there."

"Go and see what's happening in the barn"
There's been nothin' like it ever happened on this farm!
The strangers that camped out there have a baby in their arms.
Go and see what's happenin' in the barn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...